Monday, February 25, 2019

Oscars 2019

I never got to watch the Oscars but of course I had to check out what everybody was wearing for this special evening in Hollywood. I am posting looks that I loved, I noticed full skirts and long hemlines were a common trend. All these looks are super glamorous for me to re-create / make a similar garment BUT I did like the jacket worn by Awkwafina and I think this would be a fantastic staple piece to have in your closet!! I have never worked with sequins before and I think this may be the time for me to get over my fear and go for it! I follow the lovely faithstjules and I know she will be posting a blog about working with sequins, I will read it and get to work on picking a pattern (I kinda have one in mind Burda Sequin blazer 01/2019 #102) and sequin fabric inspired by Awkwafina's look, Cool yet Chic look :)


Gemma Chan in Valentino
Kacey Musgraves in Giambattista Valli
Kiandra "Kiki" Layne in Versace
Jason Momoa in Fendi with Lisa Bonet in Fernando Jorge

Awkwafina in Dsquared2 

Marie Kondo in Temperley London
Jennifer Hudson in Elie Saab

Regina King in Oscar de la Renta 
Danai Gurira in Brock Collection

Lady Gaga - Alexander McQueen 
Octavia Spencer in Christian Siriano


No comments:

Post a Comment